Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Full Size Prototype

The prototypes I have been working on so far have not been large enough to fit a human leg.  It was easier to work with smaller prototypes and less materials were wasted in trying ideas that failed.  Now that we have some functional smaller prototypes I thought I was time to make som large full scale models.  I bought a pair of pants and used hot glue and foam to give them the appearance of an amputated leg.  I used the pants and a visual to help understand how big the prototype needs to be and then to test the prototypes once they are complete. 
 
Jean leg inserted inside the full scale prototype

The full scale prototype without the leg inserted

This is a picture from the making of the prototype.  To make the double shell design, I cut out this shape from the the plastic bag.  I seal the edges and fold it in on itself.  This makes an easy open zipper at the bottom for easily filling and emptying the bag and makes the entire prototype a continuous piece.
-Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment